- They can play all styles of music, all types of songs
- New material can easily be sourced
- They can be more affordable
- They take up less space if you have a tight dance area
- They're not a band (basically all the pros of the band)
- They provide more atmosphere
- Encourage people to dance
- Can be more personable & interactive
- You can get a band that suits your style and music taste
- May not be able to take requests and it can difficult to negotiate learning new songs
- Can have one sound so may have difficulty pulling off different genres
- Takes up more space & time to set up
- More people to feed
- Usually a deal more expensive
How do I decide?????
- Go for what suits your ideals, your taste and your budget
- Go and listen to both to see the difference
- Choose a band or dj that specialises in weddings
- Before booking listen to said band or dj perform and read their reviews
- Think about your space- is it too small and closed in for a band?
- Think about your guests- what would suit them? You do want them to get up and dance!
- Look for someone with charisma, a sense of humor if they will also be acting as the MC or making announcements