- They can play all styles of music, all types of songs
- New material can easily be sourced
- They can be more affordable
- They take up less space if you have a tight dance area
- Theyre not a band (basically all the pros of the band)
- They provide more atmosphere
- Encourage people to dance
- Can be more personable & interactive
- You can get a band that suits your style and music taste
- May not be able to take requests or may be difficult to negotiate learning a new song
- Can have one sound so may have difficulty pulling off different genres
- Takes up more space & time to set up
- More people to feed
- Can be more expensive- if you want a good one
How do I decide?????
- Go for what suits your ideals, your taste and your budget
- Go and listen to both to see the difference
- Choose a band or dj that specialises in weddings
- Before booking listen to said band or dj perform and read their reviews
- Think about your space- is it too small and closed in for a band?
- and your guests- what would suit them? You do want them to get up and dance!
- Look for someone with charimsa, a sense of humor- as they will sometimes act as the mc
Who are you having at your wedding or party?